Fundamentals of Potentiometric Titration
A comprehensive course that leads attendees through basics, practical applications, operation and maintenance of potentiometric titration systems and electrodes.
Who should attend?
New titration users, those new to Metrohm, those who want to grow their skills. No previous experience required.
What knowledge will you leave with?
Fundamental understanding of potentiometric titration, ability to operate the system, ability to troubleshoot issues and maintain systems.
Price: $2,250 USD/ $2,950 CAD
Dates & Locations (click to register)
Check back for new dates in 2019!
Day 1: Introduction and Setup, Basic Operation
- Electrodes: Introduction to electrode operation and care
- Potentiometric titration: The basics of potentiometric titrations; instrumentation overview
- Introduction to Touch Control: Overview of titrator operation through the Touch Control platform; practical exercises with Touch Control including system setup
- Introduction to Tiamo: Overview of Tiamo software; practical exercises including system setup
- Measurement and calibration exercises: Best practices in pH measurement and calibration; hands-on exercises with measurement and calibration
Day 2: Optimization of methods
- Titration parameters: Overview of titration parameters and their usage; hands-on exercises in Touch Control and Tiamo
- pH Simulations: Use of a pH Simulator to test different titration parameter changes
- Sample handling techniques: Best practices and approach to sample handling
- Method development: Key steps in titration method and program development
- Practical workshops in method development and operation
Day 3: Maintenance and Troubleshooting (1/2 day)
- Electrode and instrument maintenance: Best practices for electrode and instrument care with hands-on practice
- Troubleshooting: Basic troubleshooting, tips and tricks