Fundamentals of Ion Chromatography
Fundamentals of Ion Chromatography is a three-day in-depth course covering the flow path and function of IC systems, routine operation through MagIC Net software and required maintenance for optimal functionality. Our interactive, hands-on training gives you the practice you need to operate your system with confidence. No previous knowledge of ion chromatography instrumentation is required. Recommended within six months of installation or at any time to train a new operator.
Who should attend?
Those new to ion chromatography, new to Metrohm software, and existing users who want a deeper understanding of IC in general; no previous IC experience is required.
What knowledge will you leave with?
A fundamental understanding of IC analysis, how to operate your Metrohm IC system, how to maintain it and troubleshoot common issues.
Day 1: Basic IC Theory and Operation
- IC Theory and flow path: Separation, detection methods, automation and sample preparation; flow path exercises
- Preparing for IC analysis: Water and reagent quality; eluent preparation; best practices for calibration
- System operation: Purging IC pump; leak and sample flow checks; setting up a determination series
- Demonstration of capability: Calibration test; reproducibility/ accuracy test; carry-over test
Day 2: MagIC Net Software and Data Review
- MagIC Net databases: Creation of databases, structure and features, monitoring and backup, data export/import
- Data evaluation: Chromatography features; reprocessing calibrations and data; calibration functions and linearity; check standards; matrix spikes; reporting and exporting data
Day 3: Routine Maintenance and Troubleshooting (1/2 Day)
- Routine IC maintenance: Maintenance schedule; hands-on practice-changing consumable parts
- Troubleshooting: Strategies, common issues, troubleshooting exercises
Metrohm USA classroom training is only offered at our Tampa facility. Our Texas and California locations are available for custom training.