Fundamentals of Ion Chromatography
The Fundamentals of Ion Chromatography is an in-depth course covering the flow path and function of IC systems, routine operation through MagIC Net software, and required maintenance for optimal functionality. Our interactive, hands-on training gives you the practice you need to operate your system with confidence.
Who should attend?
Those new to ion chromatography, new to Metrohm software, and existing users who want a deeper understanding of IC in general; no previous IC experience is required
What knowledge will you leave with?
A fundamental understanding of IC analysis, how to operate your Metrohm IC system, how to maintain it and troubleshoot common issues
Dates & Locations (click to register)
Day 1: Basic IC Theory and Operation
DAY 1: Basic IC Theory and Operation
- IC Theory and flow path: Separation, detection methods, automation and sample preparation; flow path exercises
- Preparing for IC analysis: Water and reagent quality; eluent preparation; best practices for calibration
- System operation: Purging IC pump; leak and sample flow checks; setting up a determination series
- Demonstration of capability: Calibration test; reproducibility/ accuracy test; carry-over test
Day 2: MagIC Net Software and Data Review
DAY 2: MagIC Net Software and Data Review
- MagIC Net databases: Creation of databases, structure and features, monitoring and backup, data export/import
- Data evaluation: Chromatography features; reprocessing calibrations and data; calibration functions and linearity; check standards; matrix spikes; reporting and exporting data
Day 3: Routine Maintenance and Troubleshooting
DAY 3: Routine Maintenance and Troubleshooting
- Routine IC maintenance: Maintenance schedule; hands-on practice changing consumable parts
- Troubleshooting: Strategies, common issues, troubleshooting exercises