Titration Method Development
Become the titration expert in your lab! Learn the key steps of titration method development. Practice them on example systems and applications in the laboratory setting.
Who should attend?
Method developers, lab managers or supervisors.
6+ months hands-on experience with Metrohm systems and software, previous completion of Fundamentals of Karl Fischer or Potentiometric Titration, or Titration Boot Camp.
What knowledge will you leave with?
Best practices and hands-on experience conducting method development on Metrohm titration systems.
Price: $2,700 USD/ $3,550 CAD
Dates & Locations (click to register)
Day 1: Titration Theory and System Setup
TITRATION THEORY AND SYSTEM SETUP
- Titration recap: Electrode types, types of titrations, titration modes, instrument configurations
- Metrohm Application Knowledgebase: Learn how to research existing solutions to an analytical need, identify base systems and parameters
- Selected titration application discussion: Review of target applications selected for the course
- Best practices in titration: Tips and tricks for electrode selection, reagent selection and preparation, sample handling, co-solvent selection
- Tiamo programming: Tiamo software overview, methods, device settings and program, results and calculations
- Hands-on application tests: Apply the principles of method development- choose from example applications and configurations, configure systems, prepare solution and samples, run initial tests
Day 2: Method Optimization and Troubleshooting
DAY 2: METHOD OPTIMIZATION AND TROUBLESHOOTING
- Evaluation of data: Review data with class as a whole, brainstorm improvements
- Troubleshooting of experienced issues
- Optimized methodology/titration parameters
- Test improvements
Day 3: Data Review
DAY 3: DATA REVIEW
- Evaluation of improvements: Optimize calibrations, evaluate reproducibility and recovery, control charts, data export
- Date presentation
- System maintenance and electrode care: Review routine maintenance regime, hands-on maintenance practice